YOU Program Parent Workshop (available in English & Spanish)
Our program specialists work with your school to introduce parents to a comprehensive parenting approach that covers everything from the physical, emotional, social, and academic growth and development of their child. Coupled with learning how to use the YOU Program, these lessons establish a meaningful and effective partnership between the school and the home.
During the workshop, parents learn to:
- Reflect on what they do well and address areas to try new strategies
- Navigate the program approach, books, and online community
- Understand college & career readiness
- Communicate and partner with schools
- Share experiences and strategies with other parents
- Set goals for effective engagement
The YOU Program Parent Workshops help schools:
- Discuss customized topics based on their local needs and goals
- Connect parents to resources that benefit the student
- Teach parents how they can support academics at home
- Empower parents to take leadership roles in the school
- Change parent engagement culture
Schools and organizations receive a customized workshop summary packet that includes sign-in sheets, agenda and topics covered, evaluations, and reportable metrics.