*The YOU Program is included in the Parenting Curricula Review Database for the Head Start Early Childhood Learning and Knowledge Center (ECLKC).
GOAL: Build positive parent-child relationships.
- The YOU Program teaches parents research-based best practices for nurturing a child’s learning and development.
- The YOU Program emphasizes positive reinforcement and healthy living.
GOAL: Promote families as lifelong educators.
- The YOU Program teaches parents to model positive behaviors for the benefit of their child’s success.
- The YOU Program provides parents with tasks and activities to reinforce lessons at home.
GOAL: Guide continued engagement through transitions.
- The YOU Program outlines school options, requirements, and programs for each educational transition period.
- The YOU Program encourages communication with teachers and school to foster academic success.
GOAL: Encourage parent support networks and school leadership.
- The YOU Program showcases parent involvement opportunities in schools.
- The YOU Program empowers parents to support and seek advice from other parents in their communities.