YOUParent.com provides community support for a child’s success.
When you purchase the program, parents receive free access to YOU Parent, which supplements the YOU Program by offering expert tips and advice to address a child’s physical, social, emotional, and academic development.
YOU Parent is a safe, ad-free place for parents to share their experiences. Accessible on any device and available 24/7, the website is a great way to keep parents engaged on an ongoing basis.
Continuing the holistic approach established in the YOU Program, the articles address the latest parenting news and techniques and provide activities to continue a child’s learning outside of the classroom. YOU Program facilitators provide continuous support even after a workshop, as they answer questions from parents on the website.
Popular articles include:
Visit YOUParent.com in English or Spanish today.
YOU Program Training Manual (available in English and Spanish)
Our YOU Program Training Manual is a comprehensive instructional tool that educators can use to inspire and connect with the parent community. All three YOU: Your Child’s First Teacher books are reproduced in the manual to ensure a seamless transition between the books and the workshop.
The Training Manual includes:
- Tools to assess current parent engagement efforts
- Worksheets to develop lesson plans for parent events
- Robust instructional features
- Expanded content includes workshop activities for every topic found in the YOU books
- A program bibliography that outlines the research-based program support
The Training Manual is included with purchase of the YOU Program Training Workshop.
Download the brochure for more information.
YOU Program Parent Workshop (available in English & Spanish)
Our program specialists work with your school to introduce parents to a comprehensive parenting approach that covers everything from the physical, emotional, social, and academic growth and development of their child. Coupled with learning how to use the YOU Program, these lessons establish a meaningful and effective partnership between the school and the home.
During the workshop, parents learn to:
- Reflect on what they do well and address areas to try new strategies
- Navigate the program approach, books, and online community
- Understand college & career readiness
- Communicate and partner with schools
- Share experiences and strategies with other parents
- Set goals for effective engagement
The YOU Program Parent Workshops help schools:
- Discuss customized topics based on their local needs and goals
- Connect parents to resources that benefit the student
- Teach parents how they can support academics at home
- Empower parents to take leadership roles in the school
- Change parent engagement culture
Schools and organizations receive a customized workshop summary packet that includes sign-in sheets, agenda and topics covered, evaluations, and reportable metrics.
YOU: Your Child’s First Teacher eBook
The YOU: Your Child’s First Teacher eBook presents the same information as the print books, but includes a Parent Logbook with custom touchpoints and fillable worksheets to make it easy to digitally track a child’s progress. It is optimized for e-reading and is available on iPad, Kindle, or Kindle Fire.
Download the brochure for more information.
YOU: Your Child’s First Teacher 3-Book Set (also available in Spanish)
Parenting finally comes with a manual, and this is it. YOU: Your Child’s First Teacher is a guide for parents from the birth of their child through high school graduation and beyond. Anchored in the belief that a healthy child equals a successful student, it promotes all aspects of a child’s success: physical, emotional, social, and academic.
The set is split into 3 books based on significant transition stages in a child’s educational journey. Research indicates how critical these transitions are for student success, so these books help parents make that transition as smooth as possible.
The books are small, digestible, meant to be written in, full of activities and checklists, and weave in college and career readiness techniques starting at birth. In each book, parents learn how to:
Book 1, Through the Early Years
- Model positive behavior
- Provide children with healthy starts
- Develop language, literacy, and bilingualism
- Prepare for preschool and kindergarten
Book 2, Through Elementary and Middle School
- Navigate their local school system
- Effectively communicate and get involved with school
- Support curriculum at home
- Reinforce positive behavior and social skills
Book 3, Through High School and Beyond
- Prepare for high school graduation requirements
- Promote life skills for success
- Foster skills and healthy living
- Navigate the college admissions process
for a free sample and to learn about our volume discounts.
*The YOU Program is included in the Parenting Curricula Review Database for the Head Start Early Childhood Learning and Knowledge Center (ECLKC).
GOAL: Build positive parent-child relationships.
- The YOU Program teaches parents research-based best practices for nurturing a child’s learning and development.
- The YOU Program emphasizes positive reinforcement and healthy living.
GOAL: Promote families as lifelong educators.
- The YOU Program teaches parents to model positive behaviors for the benefit of their child’s success.
- The YOU Program provides parents with tasks and activities to reinforce lessons at home.
GOAL: Guide continued engagement through transitions.
- The YOU Program outlines school options, requirements, and programs for each educational transition period.
- The YOU Program encourages communication with teachers and school to foster academic success.
GOAL: Encourage parent support networks and school leadership.
- The YOU Program showcases parent involvement opportunities in schools.
- The YOU Program empowers parents to support and seek advice from other parents in their communities.