YOU Program Training Workshop (available in English & Spanish)
Effective parent engagement leads to better students. That’s why our professional development team provides customized training for school staff, parent liaisons, parent leaders, and school administrators on how to effectively create and maintain sustained engagement in their parent population.
This interactive, 6-hour training and professional development workshop introduces professionals to the YOU Program, the YOU Program Training Manual, and the many tools and resources included within.
Training Workshop participants become educational professionals and workshop leaders who can identify cultural needs and obstacles within different communities.
Attendees will learn to:
- Understand the impact that effective parent engagement has on student achievement
- Navigate the YOU Program approach, books and training manual, and online community
- Evaluate their current parent engagement strategies and efforts
- Help parents understand and support college & career readiness
- Conduct engaging parent events in a variety of delivery models for parents of all backgrounds
- Strategize sustainable parent engagement efforts
Each Training Workshop participant receives the YOU Program Training Manual, which is included with every purchase.
YOU Program Teacher Training Workshop
Our professional development team trains your teaching staff to establish strategies for an effective home-school partnership.
As they implement these strategies, your school will see an increase in parent involvement and improved student performance, which allow your teachers to do what they do best: teach.
This workshop is uniquely designed for staff who work with parents of students, including: teachers, social workers, counselors, and coaches. Attendees will leave the workshop equipped with the skills and tools to engage in two-way, meaningful conversations with parents.
Attendees will learn to:
- Implement effective parent engagement strategies
- Evaluate & continuously improve teacher-parent partnerships
- Improve the effectiveness of parent communication
- Create an action plan to foster ongoing & meaningful communication with parents
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of the YOU Program through activities
- Implement the YOU Program curriculum when working with parents of all backgrounds
YOU Program Parent Leadership Training Workshop
As organizations look to build capacity for reaching parent engagement goals, they should look to leaders in their own community—parents.
In this workshop, we build parents’ leadership skills so they can take steps to organize parent events and meetings that satisfy the organization’s goals.
All attendees will:
- Navigate the YOU Program curriculum and training manual
- Evaluate their current parent engagement efforts
- Conduct effective and engaging parent meetings/events
- Integrate effective parent engagement into their organizational structure
ISBE-Approved Illinois Administrators’ Academy Course #1709
Promoting Parent Engagement for Student Success
This ISBE-approved, 6-hour workshop guides participants to build and maintain effective parent engagement opportunities within their school communities.
During the course, participants will:
- Review current challenges that families are facing
- Discover current research about the impact of parent engagement on student success
- Evaluate your school’s current efforts at parent engagement
- Examine research-based strategies to maximize the impact of parent meetings
- Develop a parent engagement action plan to implement the 5 strategic steps for success
Parent engagement efforts provide parents with tools to help their children succeed—no matter their socioeconomic status or their own educational background—creating a generation of students who are ready to learn and set a new highly successful norm for the American education system.
This Illinois Administrators’ Academy course is only available through an Illinois Regional Office of Education (ROE). If you are interested in this course, please contact your local ROE.