When parents partner with schools, students succeed. The YOU Program builds upon decades of research to teach administrators, teachers, school staff, and parents how to build a lasting partnership to maximize student achievement.
These parent engagement program workshops teach educators to effectively establish and sustain engagement in their parent population and align the YOU Program to their key school improvement initiatives.
The YOU Program supports educators:
– Administrators learn the impact of investing in parent engagement and how it affects school culture
– Teachers are equipped with skills and tools to engage in two-way, meaningful conversations with parents
– The school builds capacity with parent leaders for a sustainable parent engagement program
– All educators learn to evaluate their current parent engagement efforts
The YOU Program supports parents:
– Offers guidance from a child’s birth through high school graduation & beyond
– Teaches parents about supporting college & career readiness standards
– Emphasizes physical, emotional, social, and academic development
– Approaches parenting through books, workshops, and digital components
– Is fully bilingual and culturally competent for parents of various backgrounds
The parent workshops empower parents by providing the tools they need to understand their importance in their child’s education and teaching them to actively engage with their children’s schools.
“Needs to be implemented in all schools. First time I have seen a structured, truly holistic approach to parent engagement.”-Educator from Dayton, OH
When teachers & parents address a child’s four core needs, they become a better student, receive a better education & lead a more successful life.
Use your funding on the YOU Program to maximize impact on student achievement.
GOAL: Build school capacity and leadership.
- The YOU Program provides books, training, and workshops that establish effective communication between schools and parents regarding the academic and holistic needs of a student.
- The YOU Program empowers parents with knowledge necessary for leadership roles in their schools and districts, including enhancing other parents’ involvement.
- The YOU Program showcases the importance of various resources within a school, district, and community for their child, leading parents to actively and effectively take advantage of those resources.
GOAL: Guide parents to support academic achievement.
- The YOU Program teaches parents education standards, assessments, grades, kindergarten readiness, and college & career readiness.
- The YOU Program provides steps for important ongoing communication with their child’s teacher.
- The YOU Program empowers parents to be academic advocates for their child and to seek Title I programs to support their child’s success.
GOAL: Make information fully accessible.
- All components of the YOU Program are fully bilingual (English & Spanish).
- The YOU Program provides a baseline level of knowledge regarding the U.S. school system, parental involvement expectations, laws, and CDC requirements for English Language Learner (ELL) and migrant families.
- Parents with limited English proficiency and/or literacy skills can still fully participate in the parent workshop due to its collaborative parent support.
GOAL: Build positive parent-child relationships.
- The YOU Program teaches parents research-based best practices for nurturing a child’s learning and development.
- The YOU Program emphasizes positive reinforcement and healthy living.
GOAL: Promote families as lifelong educators.
- The YOU Program teaches parents to model positive behaviors for the benefit of their child’s success.
- The YOU Program provides parents with tasks and activities to reinforce lessons at home.
GOAL: Guide continued engagement through transitions.
- The YOU Program outlines school options, requirements, and programs for each educational transition period.
- The YOU Program encourages communication with teachers and school to foster academic success.
GOAL: Encourage parent support networks and school leadership.
- The YOU Program showcases parent involvement opportunities in schools.
- The YOU Program empowers parents to support and seek advice from other parents in their communities.